Sunday, March 6, 2016

What do you think? Go Fund Me requests for Vacations

A legitimate fundraiser
Do you think "Go Fund Me" should be used to send someone on an international vacation?  

We don't. 

Recently, a married young couple  launched a "Go Fund Me" site to have people they know pay to send them on an International vacation.  I was outraged and told them (but they didn't see what the problem was) they should pay for their own vacation and that it's a mis-use of a fundraising tool.  



SO, how do you feel about paying to send someone on vacation? 

WHAT IT SHOULD BE USED FOR: 
We have friends that are undergoing cancer treatments and can't afford them. THAT'S what we think Go Fund Me campaigns are for - to help people who are struggling with the bad hand they've been dealt in life. To help people who lost their home and things in a fire. These sites are also used to help people pay into an invention, clothing design, book, or art project where the people who donate receive something in return.

To use "Go Fund Me" for selfish handouts is 100% wrong. 
  
GENERATIONAL EXPECTATIONS:
I don't understand why the younger generation (Millennials, specifically) wants everyone to hand them everything from paid vacations to free education to outrageous salaries.

BTW- I (Rob)  worked 3 jobs and paid for 3 college degrees over 15 years and had no life, but it's paid for and I don't owe anyone. Although I had no dating life and no social life, it taught me responsibility. In fact, I never flew outside the country until I was  in my 40s when I could finally afford it. 

So, what do YOU think? Is this a mis-use of "Go Fund Me" requests?

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy