Friday, March 11, 2016

A Classic Batman Collection Worth Getting! DC Showcase Presents Batman Vol. 5

    I am a huge DC comics superhero fan, and Batman has always been my (Rob) favorite. I grew up reading Batman comics in the mid-1970s (thanks to my dad) and loved them. Little did I know that it would be one of the BEST periods of Batman comics in history. Neal Adams, an incredible artist brought a new, darker, more serious side of Batman, and I also loved the art of Irv Novick. Writers like Dennis O'Neil,Frank Robbins and Mike Friedrich made him much more of a detective.
    Recently I finished reading an incredible collection of some of the BEST Batman stories and artwork EVER!
  A Classic Batman Collection Worth Getting! Showcase Presents Batman Vol. 5
   SUMMARY:  Written by FRANK ROBBINS, DENNIS O'NEIL and MIKE FRIEDRICH Art by IRV NOVICK, NEAL ADAMS and others - Cover by NEAL ADAMS   512 pg, B&W
   Reprinting tales from DETECTIVE COMICS #391-407 and BATMAN #216-228, this value-priced collection includes the introduction of Man-Bat and Batman's battle with The League of Assassins.

LEFT: One of my favorite Batman illustrations by Neal Adams:
 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy