Friday, December 4, 2015

Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund: Book Tour Part 2

 This is Part 2 (and a snippet) of Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund's Book Tour Adventure. He looks like our Tyler. He's been on a tour promoting his latest book. This is a reprint from his latest blog.  Check out his FULL ADVENTURES at http://www.celebritydachshund.com


After an awesome sold-out event and meeting all our wonderful fans from the LA-area, we were headed downtown to the young & hip, Angel City Brewery where I enjoyed a refreshing cerveza.
It’s a pretty cool place where you can bring in food from the nearby food trucks, and very dog-friendly too, which I always love to see.
LA Angel City Brewery Dog Friendly
Dad and I both had a few too many, so Mum had to drive us back. Unfortunately for her we both thought it hilarious to obnoxiously squeak our duckies like a couple inebriated college kids in the back seat of a cab. That is, until we both conked out.
The next morning we were up nice and early to get a great start to the day, but after the night before, I needed a bit of time to soak up some sunshine in the hotel lobby…
Dogs Accepted at Residence Inn LA LIVE
Call it a dog’s hangover cure.
After which, we were off to our first adventure, which obviously had to be my “Mecca”.
[Enjoying this post? Please “Like” to the left! :) ]
And by that, I’m talking about the Hollywood sign! But it wasn’t just a walk in the park; it was quite the hike up a hot and barren mountain!
Hiking Mount Hollywood
Now I am a remarkable hiker, having led expeditions up Swiss mountains, but I’m just not used to the California climate. However, I can’t be seen as a quitter no matter what, so I told Mum and Dad that despite the heat, I would continue with the expedition, even if it killed me.
They made me turn back of course, but at least it wasn’t me who decided to do so.
However, we did make it high enough for a great pic of me and the sign! It was a wonderful feeling.
Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund Hollywood Sign
Something about this place feels a lot like “home”…
And while in the area, we headed over to the Griffith Observatory to enjoy a nice view of Los Angeles.
“Oh my!” I exclaimed as I looked through the telescope. “What a wonderful babe-watching invention this is! Sexy ladies, as far as the eye can see! Oh, and the city is beautiful too”
Observatory Griffith Park LA Dog
“Dad, I would like one of these things installed on my balcony back home, please.”

NEXT: CRUSOE WORKING ON THE RAILROAD

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy