Thursday, December 3, 2015

Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund: Book Tour Part 1

We love Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund (who looks like our Tyler). He's been on a tour promoting his latest book, and here's Part 1 of his latest blog, with pictures and video.  Check out his website/blog at http://www.celebritydachshund.com

Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund: Book Tour Part 2: My LA Story

As the second stop on my book tour, I found myself in sunny LA, California. From this point forward on the tour, I’ve been partnering with the tourism associations of each city, in this case, Discover LA, who have helped me explore the best dog-friendly places the cities have to offer. So this will be a little like a doggy travel guide as well if you’d ever like to go on a “follow in Crusoe’s pawsteps” trip…
I was staying right downtown at the Residence Inn LA Live location.


Once again, I really felt like a celebrity when we stepped into our room to find a special welcome gift addressed specifically to me! That’s right, not for Mum or Dad.
[See also: Book Tour Part 1 in NYC]
Crusoe and his rubber chicken
But I had an important call to make. I picked up the receiver and dialed the front desk. “Yes, hello? This is Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund who just checked in – huh? Oh yes, the room will do quite well, thank you. I just wanted to ask, is it okay if I squeak my rubber chicken? It’s very loud so I just wanted to ask first. Yes? As loud as I can? Fantastic. Thank you.”


So I made sure to squeak the chicken loud enough and long enough to show Dad that, yes, it was worth the luggage space to bring it.
It was already evening by this time, so almost right away we were off to our LA book signing at the very unique, Last Bookstore (located in an old bank with vault doors and everything!)
Celebrity Dog Book SigningHere’s a few pics from the event:


NEXT: Crusoe visits a  Brew Pub and the Hollywood Sign!





Crusoe Dachshund at Last Bookstore LA
Crusoe Pawtographed Books

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy