Sunday, May 17, 2015

Fun at the Capitol Pet Expo!

Rob and Karin of DC Area Weimaraner Rescue
On Saturday, May 16, I (Rob) had a nice day at the Capitol Pet Expo in Upper Marlboro, Maryland meeting people and talking with them about my book "Pets and the Afterlife," and promoting the DC Area Weimaraner Rescue.

Stacie and Jeff of FUNanimal
    I worked the Rescue/Book booth all day with my good friend Karin Bakken, manager of the DC Area Weimaraner Rescue. She brought her dog Oliver to help out! Debby and her hubby brought their Weimaraners (one of which is a foster dog).  

Oliver
 I met a bunch of really fun and interesting folks there. Joanne talked with me about past life regressions.  I met Stacie and Jeff of Funanimal pet services with their talented dog. They have a great service that includes pet sitting with fun for the dogs, trick training, dog walking, obedience, dog manners and more. They're based in Prince George's County, Maryland (east of Washington, DC) and can be found at www.FUNanimalPet.com
Rob and Deborah Moore

   I also met Deborah Moore and we talked about Pets and the Afterlife, and we may collaborate on an event in the future.

 Several folks shared their stories and brought their dogs.

Oliver the Weimaraner eyes 2 Dachshunds
  It always helps when good friends drop by and show support- and make the day brighter. My friend Susan came by with her brother, and Rich came in to say hello.

  I gave a talk about how pets communicate with us from the other side on the main stage after lunchtime, and that went very well. One of the women in the audience spoke with me later about how her rabbits acknowledge her emotions and moods, and also can tell if she's not feeling well. She said, like dogs, they come over to provide comfort when someone is sick or down. Very interesting!
Rich visits me
Another visitor and her Chihuahua



Cee Cee the Foster Weim gets comfort in a tee shirt bin

A visiting Lhsa Apso

Double dachshunds
A visitor and her Chihuahua

Oliver scores a donation

  Thanks to all who came out and all who wanted to, but lived too far. I look forward to seeing more of you at one of the future events I'm doing this year. - Rob Gutro

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy