Saturday, May 2, 2015

Our Encounters with Idiots on the Road

Dumb and Dumber on the road
Here are a couple of instances of idiots on the road from last week. In the first instance, one idiot got a reprimand!


TOM'S TAILGATER - Last week, Tom was driving to work and a car tailgated him for about a mile before he got to the guard gate at work The tailgater also turned in and was behind him at the gate so Tom told the guard "Can you tell the guy behind me that tailgating isn't going to make me go any faster?"  The guard gave Tom a thumbs up and as Tom pulled through he saw the guard pointing his finger at the tailgater. The tailgater then slowly pulled out of the guard station and crept up to Tom's car (which was stopped at a 4 way stop inside the campus. Guess he learned his lesson!

FLASHER FOOLS - After dropping the kids off at daycare, I (Rob) was driving down state route 3 here in Maryland and a 30 something guy in an old car was driving in the right lane (of 2 lanes) doing 35-40 mph in a 55 mph zone. Of course, during morning rush traffic backed way up. I had the misfortune of being behind him for 2 miles (traffic was heavy) and after finally pulling into the other lane I drove past him as he continued.  Why he didn't drive in the breakdown lane or pull over is a mystery. Of course, when I reached state route 193, there was ANOTHER guy with his flashers on, and this fool was going 30 in a 55 mph zone, AND in the fast (left) lane of two lanes. I was dealing with him for over a mile before getting around him.


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy