Friday, August 2, 2013

UK Trip #31: Hever Castle: Ghostly Feelings in Anne Boleyn's Bedroom

Anne Boleyn's Bedroom - Credit:  .panoramio.com
After getting more ghostly messages from George Boleyn, we continued walking through Hever Castle. The first room we came to on the second floor was Anne Boleyn's bedroom. It has a 15th century half-domed ceiling, and the ornate headboard (called a "bedhead") of the bed was carved into the wall (although the Castle noted that it appears to date from the 1600s, so it's not authentic). The birth of girls were not recorded in that time, so it is believed that Anne was born in 1501. She was thought to share this room with her sister Mary.

GEORGE BOLEYN'S GHOST WITH A MESSAGE OF HIS FEELINGS BEFORE EXECUTION -  George Boleyn's ghost was very active throughout Hever Castle, and apparently he realized that he had a captive audience in me, because I could hear him, sense him around, and feel some of the sensations he was conveying to get his story across to me.
   This last message from George was one where he wanted to confirm that it was indeed him, by making me experience what he felt just before he was executed by Henry VIII's order. 
   Once we got to Anne's bedroom, George made me feel a tight feeling in my throat. He told me that "this is what I was feeling just before I was executed." George, like Anne, lost his head on the chopping block, when Henry VIII accused him of incest with his sister Anne (which wasn't true). George also suddenly made my right leg go weak, as people would experience when facing a great fear.

We walked through the rest of the house without any other encounters. 

QUICK FACT - Tom noticed that the house contained one of the largest collections of original Tudor era paintings in one place.

NEXT: TEA TIME WITH DAFFY and A DOG TRIBUTE AT HEVER

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy