Saturday, August 3, 2013

GREAT BOOK about New Superheroes

My friend Maggie was one of the authors in a new anthology about new superheroes so I bought the book and enjoyed it. I just finished reading it and Highly recommend it.
 I loved "Stupdenous Sparkle," "The Kid," "All-Star," Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow," and "Need to Know."   My Favorites included "Need to Know" with a superman-like teenager and "Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow.  Maybe I'm biased, but I loved and could see myself as the character in my friend Maggie's great story.

A Hero By Any Other Name  "A Marvelous New World.” This story by Maggie Allen takes place in the aftermath of Janine Spendlove’s story, “He was a Marvelous Man.” Her story made me wonder how the appearance of a real, live superhero would affect the comic book geek community, and I also liked the idea of those geeks getting a chance to become a part of superhero mythology themselves.
 
 Silence in the Library Publishing’s special anthology called “A Hero By Any Other Name” – is all short stories about superhero sidekicks. (It’s a companion to another Origins anthology with superhero stories.)Authors who have stories in A Hero By Any Other Name include: Aaron Allston, Michael Stackpole, Maxwell Alexander Drake, Jean Rabe, Janine Spendlove, Bryan Young, more, like me! (Pen name, Maggie Allen.)

IF YOU LOVE SUPERHEROES, You need to get this book! 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy