Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Newest Foster Dog: 2 Year Old Tyler

We now have another foster dog through Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue. Our friend Robert generously drove him up from Burlington, N.C. to Maryland today. Tom made the pickup from Robert and brought home the little 2 year old Dachshund. We renamed him "Tyler" because "Repo" is a ridiculous name. 

'HELLO, I'M TYLER THE TWO YEAR OLD FOSTER DOG
My name is Tyler. I'm a black and tan dachshund that was rescued in Burlington, North Carolina and brought to
Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue!  I'm about 2 years old and have puppy energy, and I'm so lovable. 
 - Right now, I'm getting rid of pesky heartworms, but I'll be ready for adoption soon. I'm full of love and will climb up on
your lap if you're watching television. I love cuddling.
 I know how to sit, walk, and stop, and my new foster family is reinforcing them. I still don't know what they mean by "lay down" but I'm trying to learn what I need to do to get a treat and do it!  My favorite treat is Milo's Kitchen chicken meatballs, so my dad  breaks them up in little pieces as training treats. I don't like Pupperoni (which my foser brothers crave, they can have it- give me meatballs!).



 - I haven't had any accidents in the house and have gone to the door to let my foster dads know when I need to go out. They're reinforcing the housebreaking by giving me treats when I go outside. I know what "pee-pee time" or "poo-poo" means out in the grass. right now I'm being walked outside on a leash outside so I'm not overly active until those pesky heartworms are history.
- Right now I have a nice comfy crate with my bed and toys which I call my "house." I go into my house at night and snooze. I would also sleep on the bed with you.
- I also don't mind getting cleaned up. My dad cleaned my ears, cut my nails and gave me a bath, and i didn't struggle. I like the attention and getting cleaned up and I'm really patient when it comes to that. Who wouldn't love that kind of attention?
-   I love toys, nylabones, dinosaur nylabones and stuffed animals!!  I'm a puppy, so I love to play!
So, once I'm back to 100% Full puppy health, I'll be waiting for you.
Love, Tyler

Gift/Memorial Suggestions

Several of our friends have lost loved ones (human and pets) and we found that one of the best ways to honor their memory is to give to an animal charity.
What better way to recognize a life of love, than by giving another life a chance for love?
We donate to many animal rescues, but because we volunteer with
DC Weimaraner Rescue and Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue, those are our 2 favorites.
Consider giving the chance of life to a dog or cat.

Great Books by our friends

Great Books by our friends
Check out these great books (yeah, Rob's are in there, too)

About us

We're two married guys who enjoy the simple things in life, especially our dogs. We volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy splitting dinners, exercising, blogging, helping friends and neighbors, ghost investigations, coffee and tea, Tudor history, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country, piano, gardening, writing books on ghosts and spirits, architecture, keeping a clean house, cooking simply, and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more.

Tom and Rob Thinking Hard!

Tom and Rob Thinking Hard!
Wondering what home project to do next

Podcast of Rob's 50 min. interview on Paranormal Filler Radio 7/13/14