Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Newest Foster Dog: 2 Year Old Tyler

We now have another foster dog through Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue. Our friend Robert generously drove him up from Burlington, N.C. to Maryland today. Tom made the pickup from Robert and brought home the little 2 year old Dachshund. We renamed him "Tyler" because "Repo" is a ridiculous name. 

'HELLO, I'M TYLER THE TWO YEAR OLD FOSTER DOG
My name is Tyler. I'm a black and tan dachshund that was rescued in Burlington, North Carolina and brought to
Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue!  I'm about 2 years old and have puppy energy, and I'm so lovable. 
 - Right now, I'm getting rid of pesky heartworms, but I'll be ready for adoption soon. I'm full of love and will climb up on
your lap if you're watching television. I love cuddling.
 I know how to sit, walk, and stop, and my new foster family is reinforcing them. I still don't know what they mean by "lay down" but I'm trying to learn what I need to do to get a treat and do it!  My favorite treat is Milo's Kitchen chicken meatballs, so my dad  breaks them up in little pieces as training treats. I don't like Pupperoni (which my foser brothers crave, they can have it- give me meatballs!).



 - I haven't had any accidents in the house and have gone to the door to let my foster dads know when I need to go out. They're reinforcing the housebreaking by giving me treats when I go outside. I know what "pee-pee time" or "poo-poo" means out in the grass. right now I'm being walked outside on a leash outside so I'm not overly active until those pesky heartworms are history.
- Right now I have a nice comfy crate with my bed and toys which I call my "house." I go into my house at night and snooze. I would also sleep on the bed with you.
- I also don't mind getting cleaned up. My dad cleaned my ears, cut my nails and gave me a bath, and i didn't struggle. I like the attention and getting cleaned up and I'm really patient when it comes to that. Who wouldn't love that kind of attention?
-   I love toys, nylabones, dinosaur nylabones and stuffed animals!!  I'm a puppy, so I love to play!
So, once I'm back to 100% Full puppy health, I'll be waiting for you.
Love, Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy