Saturday, December 29, 2012

How did I Spend 3 Days Off?

I (Rob) had the entire week off, but Christmas eve and Christmas day were planned and busy, so I don't consider those days off. So, as Tom went to work Wed. through Fri. what did I do? 
Book Revisions; Dog Care; Puppy training (for the foster dog)  Christmas clean-up, Doc's appts., answered old emails and wrote hurricane updates for work!

BOOK REVISIONS: The main thing I did was revise my first book 'Ghosts and Spirits: Insights from a Medium" because I'm bringing it to another publisher.  The contract with the original publisher expired, and the new publisher, CreateSpace, is the same one where I published my second book "Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead."  
- I learned some things from the publishing experience. The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) (a unique numeric commercial book identifier based upon the 9-digit Standard Book Numbering) code is not something that transfers from publisher to publisher, so I had to pay for new ISBN numbers. 
- I had to basically re-read my entire book and make edits, reference this has been revised, and correct any errors. I also added some notes about joining Inspired Ghost Tracking, and referenced medium Barb Mallon and Ruth Larkin. 
- Submitting the book with the new publisher means that it had to be exactly formatted to meet the 6x9 page format, and I have to re-insert the photos used in high resolution. 
   It's now Saturday, and I'm STILL working on re-reading and re-editing and formatting the book for the new publisher. It's time consuming, but I do enjoy it.

Tyler
DOG STUFF: Our foster dog, Tyler, has required a lot of attention. At 2 years old he had no training from his former North Carolina owners, which I find unfathomable and cruel to the little dog. So, I've been training him.  Also, because he can't run outside, when we get up at 4:45 a.m. I need to quickly get dressed and run outside with him and the other three dogs. It's not fun in the wintertime to do this, but it must be done. He's getting used to being here, and loves chomping on his dental dinosaur. He's only had 4 accidents in the house, but those were early on, when we didn't know he had to go out 10 minutes after eating.Now we know. 

TWO DOG DENTAL WOES- Just learned that Franklin, our 8 year old Dachshund has another chipped molar and Dolly the Weimaraner, just chipped a tooth, as I heard it crack last night when she was chomping a nylabone. VET APPTS today for both!

DOC'S APPTS: Since Dec. 1st, I've been having a lot of pain in my right jaw from TMJ. It's a result of stress and it started the day Tom and I went to a local shelter and saw a 5 year old Dachshund that was so ill he had to be put down. That tore me apart. The same week, we were contacted about two other dogs that were also abused or ill, and also had to be put out of their misery. Too much stress. Every morning I wake up with jaw pain.
- I also have trigger thumb, where the tendons in my thumb have constricted, causing my thumb to "stick."  **Two doc's that have relieved some of the pain and discomfort are Dr. Colette McKie, a great acupuncturist in Bowie, and Dr. Bill Cox, Chiropractor in Gambrills. 
- MORNING RITUAL - Each morning when Tom gets up for work, so do the dogs, to I've had to get up  and  make Tom's breakfast, pack his lunch, take the dogs out, and feed 'em. At least I've been able to go back to bed for an hour, though!

SO, I ask, when does the vacation really start?!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy