Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Very "HAPPY" Ending!


This afternoon at lunchtime I received a phone call from Mrs. Lee. She owns the local dry cleaner business, and we've been trying to help find her dog, a Cocker Spaniel named "Happy" who wandered away from the store this past Saturday. Mrs. Lee told me that a married couple brought HAPPY back to the store today!!! They found the dog wandering around the neighborhood and kept her until they saw one of the signs Mrs. Lee posted in the neighborhood. Tom and I are elated that little "Happy" has been found. - Now I need to contact the rescues, shelters and remove the ad from Craigslist. An ad is still going to appear in tomorrow's local newspaper, though - I missed the deadline, but I'm SO happy that "Happy" has come home.
I told Mrs. Lee she needs to get Happy MICROCHIPPED! - I urge everyone to do that for their dog. Microchipping puts a tiny computer chip in the back of a dog's neck that contains the owner's name, address, phone and even email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy