Monday, September 28, 2009

Baltimore Book Festival & Baltimore's Washington Monument


Tom and I drove up to the Baltimore Book Festival on Sunday, and met our friend Douglas there. We had a great time walking around and checking out all of the vendors, authors and book sales. I was looking for a potential publisher for my book on Ghosts and Spirits, but failed to find one (I'm about 1/2 way through the second round of edits on it now). I did manage to find comic books for sale through the Baltimore Book Exchange - and at a great price, so I was happy! :)
We also took the opportunity to check out Baltimore's Washington Monument. Neither Tom nor I have ever been in there. The employee was really enthusiastic and encouraging, getting people to do "George Washington's Aerobic Workout." What he meant was climbing the 228 stone stairs to the top of it. Tom, Doug and I were up to it, and managed to do it. Although, if you go, be warned! The stairways are VERY SLIM... and some wider people that go up may force you to go all the way back down, because you can't squeeze past.

Here's a photo of Doug in shadow with the view of Baltimore (facing North) from the top of the tower.

Here's goofy close up of Doug, Rob and Tom after climbing to the top and going back to the first floor of the building!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy