Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Quest to Find a Local Lost Dog

I guess this is the week for helping dogs and their owners. Tom and I go to a dry cleaning business locally, and on Sunday, saw a photocopied 8x11 pierce of paper with a photo of our dry cleaner's (Mrs. Lee's) dog "Happy" on it!
On Sept. 26th, Mrs. Lee's cocker spaniel "Happy" wandered away from her business in Bowie, Maryland (off route 450 and Highbridge Road), and Mrs. Lee has been frantically searching for her. The owners are from either Vietnam or China, and don't speak English very well, so I'm trying to assist them. SO, I've contacted the two Animal Shelters, both local/regional Cocker Spaniel Rescues, wrote and posted an ad on Craigslist (Mrs. Lee isn't computer literate); and just took out a "Lost and Found" ad in the local newspaper.
I'm hoping that all of this will somehow pay off and Happy will be reunited with Mrs. Lee. When I went to the shop on Monday to tell her about the shelters, she broke down in tears. My heart aches for her. **PLEASE MICROCHIP YOUR DOG!**
HERE'S THE AD I put out: Desperately seeking lost, golden Cocker Spaniel. Female, 4-5 years old. Answers to "Happy." Lost from the DRY CLEANING STATION @ 6129 High Bridge RD Bowie,MD 20720 on September 26th. ***Reward offered*** Please call the store at 301-262-2121 OR 301-642-6730.- Resembles the dog in the attached image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy