Saturday, June 6, 2009

WEEKEND: Coating the Driveway and Doggie Baths

Do you think a Saturday would slip by without something getting done around our house? Heavens, no! :) On Saturday, we took the "kids" on 2 walks, went shopping (the recently remodeled Kohl's near us was having a huge sale this weekend), went to Lowe's (a couple of times), and more. Tom took several hours to apply sealant to the asphalt driveway today, and tomorrow he has to apply a second coat. Here's a pic of Tom in action:

Meanwhile, I get the indoor task of Doggie baths. Here's Franklin, the dachshund, in the utility sink (where I bathe them every week or so). In fact, when I say "BATH" Franklin runs and hides under the bed and I have to coax him out with treats and grab him!
Here's Dolly getting a bath in the utility sink. Of course, being 57 pounds, she's a little tougher for me to pick up, but she stays in the tub and really doesn't move around a lot. Dolly doesn't mind getting a bath. When I say "Dolly, bath!" She kind of slinks into the laundry room, with her ears back, and waits for me to gently pick her up. She's a really good girl.
Here are Franklin and Dolly post-bath. Of course, I always wind up taking a bath myself, while giving them one, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy