Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

(PHOTO: A Robin's nest with 4 eggs in our front young maple trees)
Happy Father's Day all! To celebrate today, we met our friends Steve and Jane for breakfast at Panera Bread (Steve's a dad) and we're dads to Dolly and Franklin! :) - It's a beautiful day here in Maryland, 75F, a mix of clouds and sun, low humidity, and a nice breeze. Perfect.
As a tribute to my dad today, I started reading another one of my dad's paperbacks by author Vince Flynn. It's another spy/espionage book -- and he's a very good author. I also made a couple of calls to some dads I know, and we're making dinner and dessert for Tom's parents this afternoon. We plan on eating out in our screened in patio as the weather is perfect!
(PHOTO: Franklin telling it like it is).
(PHOTO: Dolly giving Tom a kiss because we walked the dogs for 40 minutes down to a local farmer's market this morning).
(PHOTO: Tom bought his parents' old car, so he can use it to drive to a jobsite a couple of days a week for the next year. It's 68 miles north of here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy