Saturday, June 6, 2009

Funny Movie and a Deer in the Yard!


IS THAT YOU, DEER? - This morning, Saturday, the dogs were up early -so I let them out in the backyard at 6am. We all went back to bed after the dogs came in, just to catch another 30 minutes of sleep when we heard a "thump" outside. I ran to the kitchen and looked out the sliding glass doors, and there was a DEER in our backyard. She leapt over our 6 foot fence to get in, and couldn't figure how to get out! So Tom went around front to unlock the gate, but the deer jumped over the fence again before he got there. Good thing we took the dogs in! Little Franklin (the dachshund) would've torn that deer apart! :)
MOVIE TIME - We started watching Rodney Dangerfield's 1982 classic comedy movie "Back To School" Friday night. Lots of laugh out loud lines like the ones below: Thornton Melon (Rodney's character): What's your favorite subject?
(Female college student): Poetry.
Thornton Melon: Really? Well, maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow.

AND
Trendy Man: Mr. Melon, your wife was just showing us her Klimt.
Thornton Melon: You too, huh? She's shown it to everybody.
Trendy Man: Well, she's very proud of it.
Thornton Melon: I'm proud of mine too. I don't go waving it around at parties, though.
Trendy Man: It's an exceptional painting.
Thornton Melon: Oh, the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy