Friday, May 9, 2008

Goofballs on the Job!

There were just TWO instances of goofballs on their jobs yesterday.
1) The Post Office said they had "no further info" about the certified mail I sent on 4/30 from Md. to Calif. It has been 8 days. Turns out, the place I mailed it to DID receive it on 5/5, and the Los Angeles post office "forgot to scan the Certified Mail bar code." FORGOT! Didn't I pay for that service?
2) I called our bank and verified that a check sent to pay off a loan was received. The cust. service person said "You overpaid the loan (they apparently gave us a wrong payoff figure) and there's a credit balance. Did you want to close the account?" UM - the LETTER that accompanied the check said "please close the loan, this is to pay it off." DUH!!! - When someone zeroes out a loan, don't you think they want to pay it off???
- On another note: LENGTHY MEETINGS: I was in a FIVE, yes, 5 hour meeting Tuesday night. People were alloted a certain amount of time for their presentations, because it was supposed to be a 3 hour meeting. Obviously, they didn't heed it. Someone went on for 20 minutes about finding an "extra washer" near a spacecraft! **When I lead meetings, I MAKE people stick to their time. Nothing makes me more crazy than useless meetings where people waste time... Do you have a Meeting story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy