Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dolly Needs to Sue Howard Stern!

AP- Dolly Parton says she is "completely devastated" by a segment on the Howard Stern radio show featuring her voice discussing sex and other celebrities.
The country performer released a statement Wednesday saying editing or trickery made it appear she was commenting on topics and celebrities including Kenny Rogers, Linda Ronstadt, Burt Reynolds and Johnny Carson.
"I have never been so shocked, hurt and humiliated in all my life," Parton said. "In a blue million years, I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth."

She's furious and said today that if there was ever a reason to sue someone, this would be it. I She has every right to be upset. Celebrity or not, NO ONE would want their words jumbled into something that may be deemed offensive about the people they love.

If some of the people think it's funny, it wouldn't be if it happened to them. Saying something directly and being quoted out of context is one thing, but to toy with audio clips to make something offensive on purpose is stupid, disrespectful, and childish. That is defamation of character, and frankly, I hope she sues Stern penniless. I know she'd give any award to charity. She is a great person and role model. Howard Stern is totally the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy