Thursday, September 28, 2023

MENTAL HEALTH U.S. suicides hit an all-time high last year

 Today's blog is a serious one. If you know someone who is depressed, especially someone who has a gun, get them seek help. Have them call 988 and urge them to talk to you and a therapist. Last year, I wound up directing a complete stranger who contacted me via email to a police or fire station near them and he actually got help and it saved his life. He had contacted me through my book-related webpages.  I was fortunate that he listened (he said he had been drinking and had a loaded gun beside him when I emailed back and got him to call 988 and me). I was extremely relieved. Others are not so fortunate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy