Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Met the Author of a Wonderful Children's Book: "Perfectly Precious Peggy" by Dale Lee Loomis

In August, I gave a fundraising lecture at the Animal Rescue of Rhode Island, and that's where I met Dale Lee Loomis. She's a school teacher who published a really great children's book called "Perfectly Precious Peggy." The book is based on the true story of a little goat named Peggy who was born with three legs, and how it didn't prevent her from enjoying life. What a great message



Dale surprised me with a signed copy of the book, and it means so much to me. The book has several messages for young and old readers and is wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated. At the back of the book, Dale includes photos, so you can see what little Peggy looks like in them. Pick up a copy! 

(Photo: Dale, Peggy the goat and her dog. Credit: DLL)

Dale said:   I had always had the desire to write for kids and this experience sort of plopped itself on my lap.  As an educator of 34 years (7th and 8th grade), I have seen a lot in terms of kids' abilities/personalities/ perspectives and have taught many young people, who can benefit from the overall message in the book.  There are a few themes running through it and in the short time I have spent in classrooms with the book it really has been well received by kids!

(Photo: Peggy the goat! Credit: DLL) 

In addition to teaching, writing books, and working with animals, Dale is also a photographer, too (Portraits by Loomis)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy