Saturday, September 10, 2022

Hero of the Week: Billy the Cat! Saved His Mom During her Heart Attack

 This week's hero is a cat who saved his mom's life! Here's the story from the UK Daily Mail.


Cat saves owner's life by pounding on her chest to wake her up after she suffered heart attack in her sleep

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11120569/Hero-cat-saves-owners-life-waking-suffered-heart-attack-sleep.html

A cat has been hailed a hero after it saved its owner's life by pounding its paws on her chest to wake her up while she was having a heart attack.

Sam Felstead, 42, from Stapleford, Nottingham, was asleep when she was woken up by her seven-year-old cat Billy at 4.30am.

She then realised she could not move her body and had a shooting pain down her right side, so she called her mother Karen Felstead for help.

Ms Felstead was then rushed to Nottingham City Hospital in the early hours of the morning where doctors told her she had a heart attack in her sleep - she believes it was Billy who saved her life.

She said: 'I was a bit shocked; I went to bed and I felt fine. I'd even been out with the dogs, and I didn't feel ill or have any pains whatsoever.

'Suddenly I woke up in the early hours covered in sweat and couldn't move. Billy was on my chest and was meowing loudly in my ear hole.

'He doesn't do that normally, he sleeps all day and all night, that's his life. He wouldn't leave me.'

Ms Felstead, who is a receptionist at Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, explained that Billy is not a very social cat and usually 'he likes to be alone'.

She added: 'He's never woken me up in the night before, he never bothers you. He doesn't wake you for food.

'Mum was quite shocked. I told her he woke me up and she was even more shocked. You don't hear about that with cats.

'I'm just glad he woke me up. Who knows if I would have got up without them, it could've been worse for me.'

After Ms Felstead had been woken by her furry companion, her mother rang 999 but they were told it would take two-hours to get an ambulance, so the pair drove to the hospital.

The doctors found that one of the receptionist's arteries was blocked which had caused the heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy