Friday, May 14, 2021

2 Great Comic book series I'm reading: Suicide Squad and Swamp Thing

 Anyone who has read this blog knows I am a HUGE DC Comics superhero fan (although I do like some Marvel characters). I haven't blogged about what I comics I read, so now you'll know. 

    First, I'm a HUGE Superman and Batman fan. But I haven't read Batman in years because the writer was, well, awful. Now, for the first time since the 1970s, I stopped reading Superman, because the new writer is also AWFUL. I'm so disappointed. 

    However, I've found 2 new DC Comics series well worth reading: Suicide Squad and Swamp Thing. Here's the scoop:



SUICIDE SQUAD   (new series)

We loved the Suicide Squad film several years ago, although I confess, I never collected the comic books. I did know the characters though. NOW in 2021, the series rebooted with New Lead characters, and the stories and artwork and NEW characters are much more interesting. 

About the Series:  Things have changed for Task Force X. As Peacemaker takes over as field leader, there will be no more avenging or defending for the government’s top-secret task force of killers, thieves, and criminals. Amanda Waller—now back in control of the Squad—sends a new Squad into Arkham Asylum to “recruit” the deadly Court of Owls assassin Talon while she interviews another new candidate: Superboy. (One of my favorites!) **BTW, the Peacemaker character is going to have his own TV series** 

THE SWAMP THING    (limited series)

I have always love a good SWAMP THING story and there's a new series with a new writer named Ram V. who created a new alter ego for Swamp Thing and I love it!  

About the Series:  Swamp Thing returns in a new 10-issue series that stars Levi Kamei as the next Guardian of the Green. Unable to control his transformation into the monstrous Swamp Thing, Levi is thrust into the harsh, unforgiving mystery of grisly murders committed by a supernatural desert legend. Levi must revisit past events in his homeland of India and face the deadly reality of a ravenous new villain in order to comprehend what he is truly, and horrifyingly, becoming. A new era of global action and horror blossoms here, and Swamp Thing will be at the root of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy