Thursday, November 12, 2020

Wonderful Netflix Documentary: Dolly Parton, Here I Am

We finally got a chance to watch the Netflix Documentary, Dolly Parton: Here I Am. As one of the biggest Dolly Parton fans, I really enjoyed it, as did Tom. It was a well-done and it was about 90 minutes long. You'll laugh, cry and sit an awe of this amazing woman who transformed my life when I was a teenager and made me appreciate the simple things in life, taught me how to care for others, and be optimistic. The final song of the film brought me to tears because it was clearly a message from my Dolly (the Weimaraner) who passed on Oct. 22. 

So many of her songs are my favorites, from 9 to 5, to Better Get to Livin', to Jolene, Here You Come Again, Two Doors Down, and I Will Always Love You. Yes, all are favorites. 

ABOUT: Dolly Parton leads a moving, musical journey in this documentary that details the people and places who have helped shape her iconic career.

LISTEN- "I Will Always Love You" by Dolly Parton - Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jClgVP6_NLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy