Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Dolly's Night Noise and Number Sign

During the overnight of Oct. 29, I awoke from a deep sleep because I heard something coming from the kitchen. I looked at the clock at it read "222." I picked my head up because I didn't believe what I was hearing and it was a sign from our
Weimaraner, Dolly who passed.. The number and the audible sign were another comfort to me. Here's the story.

THE NUMBER 2 - I've always called the number 2 my lucky number. When I adopted Dolly in March 2005, I remember telling her "Now there are 2 of us, and that means good things." When I met Tom, he had Franklin so there were two sets of 2s. 

THE MEANING OF 222 - When I was writing this blog, it occurred to me that Dolly passed on October 22nd. So, Dolly had indeed awakened me to hear her sign from the kitchen. 

 DOLLY'S KITCHEN NOISE - When I awoke from the noise in the kitchen, I realized it was the sound of Dolly drinking water out of her bowl. Of course, Dolly had passed, and there was no water bowl out (we pick them up at night), Tyler was sleeping in our bed, and Dash was gated off (because he wanders at night sometimes, so it was not from them. 

In the last 6 months, Dolly had a tremendous thirst because of her failing kidneys. She would often lick a water bowl dry and I would have to immediately refill them. When Dolly was with us, she would sometimes awaken in the middle of the night and walk over to a water bowl to drink, and it would wake me up. I left them down on the floor when she was here, because she had a seemly unquenchable thirst due to her condition.  That was exactly what I heard at 2:22 a.m. on Oct. 29th! 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy