Monday, November 30, 2020

Tyler's Birthday Adventure (as written by Tyler himself)

Yesterday, Nov. 29, Tyler, our black and tan Dachshund, turned 10 years old. Well, we think he's 10. Regardless, Tom, Dash and I took him out to celebrate. Today's blog will show you what he did, in his own words! 

A LITTLE BACKGROUND - Tyler came into the family as a foster dog in December 2012 through one of the Dachshund Rescues we work with. We adopted him a couple of months after that. The shelter that we got him from was in North Carolina, and they had no information on him other than he had the (dumb) name "Repo." We  didn't know his age or his birthdate, so we guessed he was around 2 years old, and gave him Dolly's (our Weimaraner who just passed in Oct) birthday since he bonded with her. 

MY BIRTHDAY, BY TYLER

I slept late today, which is always a good thing. After a quick backyard run outside at 7 a.m. I had a tasty breakfast topped with turkey!  YUM!  Daddies Rob and Tom then took me and my brother Dash on a walk soon afterward. I checked out the new smells in the neighborhood. You humans liken it to reading a newspaper. When we came back we got our tasty Dingo dental (non-rawhide) treats. Then a nap.

At lunchtime, we had our peanut butter smartbone digestible treats followed by fun car ride!! Daddies took us to a big outdoor garden shop where we got to walk around and sniff a million new smells and plants. I was a good boy. I didn't pee on any of the plants. Further, despite a whole bunch of people there, I didn't bark at any of them.  It was fun! 

Our afternoon wrapped up with a trip to Petco for me. I decided that I was going to make up for not barking at the garden shop... so I barked from the minute I got out of the truck, all throughout the inside (well, there were other dogs in there) and until I got back to the truck!  When Daddy Rob took me inside he seemed to scramble to get me 4 bags of good-tasting treats and a new toy in the shape of a bone, but stuffed with fuzz (that ( like to tear out). I think he was trying to get me to stop barking at the other dogs (and there were quite a few in there).

We came home and I had big cookie shaped like an ice cream cone. Then I got a bath so I could smell better. That took a lot out of me, so I took a nap. Soon after, Daddy Rob took me for another walk with Dash, and then.... well, another nap. Hey, I'm 10 after all!  Later we had a tasty dinner, followed by our regular 8pm three treats regime. Always a good way to end the day. 

The only thing missing today was my big sister, Dolly. After all, it was really her birthday, I just took it, too. But she's still around me. I feel her around. So, it was a good birthday. Thanks to everyone for the facebook and instagram greetings!! 

Love, Tyler



 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, I do think your website might be having browser compatibility problems. When I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in I.E., it's got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up! Apart from that, excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy