Friday, October 16, 2020

COVID19 Family Experience: Gabe's Family

 This is the first of a couple of stories shared by people whose lives were changed (not for the better) because of the Coronavirus 19.  I know you're "sick" of hearing about the COVID19 virus, but it's NOT going away, and there's no chance for a vaccine until 2021, so grow up, stop whining, and protect yourself and others. This IS something to fear if you care for family, friends, colleagues, or anyone, and for yourself.  Americans need to take the COVID19 virus seriously and it's bound to affect us through a good part of 2021, too.  (Why? Because stupid people won't wear a mask and social distance).    READ THIS STORY... if you have an ounce of compassion in you, it will affect you:

 

Gabe Dreyer
"I spent eight weeks from March to May taking care of my 90-year-old grandmother on the Upper East Side as she and I both recovered from COVID. This was all while my mother was on a ventilator for 18 days in Boston and my 95-year-old grandfather was in the hospital, dying from COVID during the height of the pandemic. I spent hours on the phone with doctors and nurses every day for three weeks. I had to find a funeral home that would take my grandfather's body during the height of the pandemic, and I personally conducted the funeral. Oh, yeah: I also had to figure out at what point during the post-ventilator haze would be most appropriate time to explain to my mother that her dad had died while she was teetering on the edge of death herself. But really, I don't see any reason to think that anyone should be afraid of this virus. After all, it's probably just a 'bad flu.'" -- Gabe Dreyer from Brooklyn, New York

SOURCE: Oct. 9, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy