Thursday, November 7, 2013

Great Book! Lessons from the Hoghouse

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read! A fun and insightful book for everyone who dreams of moving from the city to a farm!, November 4, 2013
By Rob Gutro
This review is from:
Lessons from the Hoghouse: A Woman's Guide to Following Her Country Dream in a World of Manure, Metal Men, and Groundhog Hunters (Paperback)
I met Liz at the Carlisle "Celebrate the Book" event this year and she came over to me and talked with me about ghosts (which I write about) - because she mentions them in her book. I bought her book and I LOVE IT! Liz is funny, talented and paints amazing pictures of what it's like to move from the city to farmland. I loved every minute of her adventures putting the house and barn together, and meeting the characters in the area. I now know what a Metal Man is, and great insight into horses, how many things can happen in an old house, and how to keep groundhog hunters entertained! What a great read. Anyone that lives in the city and has ideas of moving into the country should read this book. Liz keeps her sense of humor and does things that I wouldn't even think of doing! Being a meteorologist, I found it somewhat amusing that weather helped her out with one instance (that she wished for). This is such a fun book, and it makes you want to see her farm and meet her animals and all the colorful characters!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy