Friday, September 13, 2024

Awesome Supernatural Fiction: Dead Waters by Anton Strout: You'll want to read it quickly- it's that good!

 As a guy who works with paranormal stuff daily in my off-time, I happened upon a fiction book about a team of paranormal investigators with various supernatural powers. The book "Dead Waters" by Anton Strout was the fourth in the "Simon Canderous" series, and it was so darn good I read it in about 5 days (that's fast for me). Wow. The characters were great, the story was an intriguing mystery and the villains were crazy. Here's my take on this fun book! 

ABOUT THE CHARACTERS -  Simon Canderous a 20-something guy, has a power where he can touch something and see whom touched it in the past and what happened to them. His girlfriend Jane has the power of technomancy- the ability to read into technology and use it against adversaries. Their colleague Connor is a medium who can communicate with earthbound ghosts, Connor's older brother, Aiden is 40 year-old vampire. Together they work for an organization that investigates all things paranormal. They are managed by a 60 something man called "The Inspectre" (ghost pun here!). 

THE BOOK WAS AMAZING - I loved the characters. The writer allows you to visualize what's happening very easily. When you think you've figured out what's happening, there's a twist, and when the various villains are unveiled it gets crazy. Villains call on underwater zombies and ghosts from horrible ship accidents- and those aren't the main protagonists! I had a hard time putting this book down, and I ordered the first 3 in the series already. This was book 4, and it hooked me. 

ABOUT THE BOOK Simon Canderous, of the Department of Extraordinary Affairs, is used to fighting vampires and zombies. But the strange murder of a professor has everyone stumped. And it's making some people crazy. Literally.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy