Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Great Kids book: Max City Dog by Glenn R. Munyan

Recently our friend Ruthie sent us a wonderful book by Glenn R. Munyan. Ruthie met his dad, who gave her a couple of copies and one was for us (because of my books about pets). The book is called "Max City Dog" by Glenn R. Munyan.
   The book is a wonderful story told from the perspective of a dog, an Australian Shepherd, who was red and white instead of black or grey and white. Just because of his appearance he was difficult to get adopted, and he was a clumsy puppy so he endured teasing from other dogs. The story is about how Max overcame all the obstacles life threw his way, and it is wonderfully written. Max tells the story as 10 year old dog, to a young Dachshund at a doggy day care.
  Truly, this is one of the better children's books I've read (I've read a lot). Sadly, the author passed away, and he didn't write any other books. After I finished this book, I immediately went on line looking for a follow up book. I was disappointed that there isn't one.
  So, I highly recommend "Max City Dog" by Glenn R. Munyan. Hopefully it will be republished. In the meantime, there may be a copy or two on Amazon, but the one I have is a keeper. 




Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy