Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Rob's Sinus "on Fire" Adventures

Felt like my nose was on fire!
   Have you ever felt the inside of your nose on fire, or smoking? Well, I just did!
   In June 2016, I (Rob) had sinus surgery to open blockages from a sinus infection of 3 months. In January, likely as a result of stress, I got a nosebleed.  I went to a new sinus doctor who found that part of the sinus surgery area had opened. He cauterized it with silver nitrate. It happened a second time, and he tried silver nitrate again (which is the first thing to use to cauterize).
  Two weeks ago, I got two more nosebleeds because of stress, so the silver nitrate didn't work. So, on Monday, March 13th I returned to the sinus doctor. This time, he said, he had to use an "electric shock stick" (I know he was generalizing) to actually burn the tear together. OUCH. He first inserted some kind of numbing agent (thankfully), but it still hurt!
  He said "You'll likely smell smoke." Uh-huh. I did. I told him "It doesn't smell like a barbecue, it smells like a house on fire." It took about 10-15 minutes but felt like an eternity with a scope and a mini-nose welding torch up my nose. :)
   Hopefully, it'll work this time.
Oh, and I lost my taste for barbecue for now.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy