Monday, March 27, 2017

This Week's Idiot in Politics: Kansas Senator Pat Roberts

All women should be appalled, especially those in Kansas. Sadly, there seems to be enough material for a weekly post of "Political idiot of the week" winners. Here's this week's winner from Kansas - a Republican Senator: Pat Roberts who made a snarky comment about mammograms and health coverage.


Reporter Alice Olstein of TalkingPoints Memo.com, a (legitimate) news source on Capitol Hill Tweeted: "I asked Sen. Roberts if he supports scrapping Essential Health Benefits. "I wouldn't want to lose my mammograms," he snarked"

Sen. Pat Roberts apologizes for 'mammogram' line

Story from CNN.COM:
Updated 2:54 PM ET, Thu March 23, 2017
(CNN)Sen. Pat Roberts, a Kansas Republican, apologized Thursday afternoon for making an apparent joke about mammograms related to what features are or are not included in Republicans' plan to repeal and replace Obamacare.
Kansas Republican Senator Pat Roberts Credit: CNN
  "I deeply regret my comments on such an important topic," Roberts said in a statement. "I know several individuals whose lives have been saved by mammograms, and I recognize how essential they are to women's health. I never intended to indicate otherwise, and I apologize for my comments."
Roberts, who's known for employing a dry sense of humor, told a Talking Points Memo reporter earlier in the day: "I wouldn't want to lose my mammograms." 
  He was referring to a potential change in the Republican health care plan that would gut a measure requiring insurers to cover "essential health benefits," including mammograms for breast cancer screening.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy