Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A fun dog mystery: The Silence of the Chihuahuas (A Barking Detective Mystery)

Looking for a creative mystery that involves a dog? I (Rob) just finished reading a great one, with a young female private eye and a Chihuahua named Pepe that helps her solve mysteries. The catch: He talks in English with a spanish-tinge and she understands him. It's really funny. It's well-written, the characters are interesting, and the book is really entertaining. I couldn't put it down, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest in the series.
   The book in the series that I read is called The Silence of the Chihuahuas (A Barking Detective Mystery) by Waverly Curtis. I've already ordered the others.

BOOK SUMMARY:
Pepe, aspiring P.I. Geri Sullivan’s muy clever Chihuahua, has stopped talking. But why now, with Geri’s best friend Brad missing and her ditzy sister in grave danger? Geri’s lost without Pepe’s dogged detective work, especially when a client of Brad’s expires under very murky circumstances.
Luckily, Pepe turns out to be an excelente blogger, and his nose for clues soon has the detective duo chasing down leads. But they’ll have to put a bite on crime quickly, because danger’s afoot – and it’s making tracks in their direction . . .

 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy