Friday, July 11, 2014

A Mr. Monk-like Cleaning Adventure!

Mr. Monk's compulsive cleaning
Anyone who knows us well knows that we love the TV detective show "Mr. Monk" about the OCD detective who as a germophobe, and had many other fears. He also had to make things even, had amazing attention to detail, and was cleaner than clean. Tom loves a clean house - one of the things I (Rob) really admire about him and respect him for. I'm a mediocre house cleaner, although I like things clean. But I don't see crumbs or tiny pieces of dirt or smudges like Tom does. He has microscopic vision to rival Superman's!   So, jokingly I call him "Mr. Monk."
  Last night we were eating dinner and when I opened the sliding glass doors to let the dogs into the backyard, he noticed there was some dirt in the track of the door. It bothered him... a LOT. So much, that he was getting irritated by it- so I wound up getting Windex, paper towels and Q-tips, so I could clean out the track. Q-Tips worked best because the tracks were so narrow (about the width of a Q-tip). SO, that was our Mr. Monk-like cleaning adventure last night!! :)
  NOW... it's clean!!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy