1) Survey finds math, science grads earn top dollar - GOOD RECOMMENDATION! (Tom and I have degrees in architecture and Meteorology, respectively)
ANNE FLAHERTY, Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) -- It seems to matter less whether your alma mater is public or private than what you study -- math and science in particular -- when it comes to finding a high-paying job after college, according to a report released Tuesday by the Education Department. The survey of the class of 2008, by the National Center for Education Statistics, found: College grads from private four-year schools earned about the same as those from public four-year schools, about $50,000 a year. But while a paltry 16 percent of students took home degrees in science, technology, engineering or math, those who did were paid significantly better -- averaging $65,000 a year compared with $49,500 of graduates of other degrees. FULL STORY: http://www.wtop.com/346/3658340/Degrees-leading-to-fat-paychecks
2) House Benghazi panel may cost $3 million this year - I DON'T GET IT - Read the first paragraph from this USA TODAY story and tell me how you feel about it - This is a NON-story. (and Veterans should be livid about the spending) Terrorists attacked the Embassy, as terrorists have attacked MANY U.S. Embassies. What in the hell are the republicans looking for? Several Embassies were attacked and people killed under Pres. Bush, but did Congress launch Expensive inquiries? NO. WHY? because they're terrorist attacks. DUH.
USA TODAY: WASHINGTON — House Republicans are planning to spend as much as $3.3 million for this year's operations of the special committee they created in May to investigate the September 2012 Benghazi attacks, a bigger budget than the House Veterans Affairs and Ethics committees were given this year.
3) Sarah Palin Gets Renewal on Sports TV Show - UGH. WHY? Who still cares about this fool that can't hold a job? Are people in sports networks that dumb? - I refuse to link to the article because reading it is like endorsing this stupidity.
4) Mississippi Enacts Anti-Gay Law - **ANOTHER SCORE FOR RELIGION BEING WELCOMING OF ALL PEOPLE-NOT.**
A law that took effect last week in Mississippi allows business owners to cite their religious beliefs in order to refuse services to LGBT people. The law, which was passed in April, is facing challenges from several Mississippi cities, including Jackson and Hattiesburg. "We are not going to sit idly by and watch Jim Crow get revived in our state," John Currence, a chef, said of the law. Advocate.com (7/6), Washington Blade (Washington, D.C.) (7/2)
5) HELPFUL TIP: How To Remove Your House From Google Street View
It's actually pretty easy to ask Google to blur out your house from Street View. Here's how:Find your house on Street View by searching for your address on Google Maps. Then you'll need to drop the little Street View man onto the street in front of your house to get into Street View. After that, click "Report a problem" on the bottom right of the screen. On that page, say that you want your house blurred, provide your email address, type in the CAPTCHA and press submit. TO SEE THE SCREENS - GO HERE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/remove-google-street-view_n_5563939.html?1404757367
TOMORROW: A LOOK AT TOM'S AMAZING WORK IN THE GARDEN