Thursday, June 12, 2014

This week's Funny Things We've Said to Each Other

Go find "3:20" on the Beltway!
Every day we make each other laugh -and that's the formula for a great relationship.
Over the last couple of days, there were some things that just made us both burst out laughing so we thought we'd share them with you.
IT'S AT 3:20 - 
   Tom and I were driving over the weekend and he was talking about where something was located off the Washington, D.C. Beltway (the interstate the circles the District of Columbia for outsiders). If you look at the beltway, "noon" is Silver Spring, Maryland, "3 pm" is Annapolis, "6pm" is Arlington, Virginia and 9 pm is Dulles Airport, Virginia. So, Tom said that it was a "3:20 pm on the Beltway. 
  I looked at him and laughed. I said "You mean 4pm on the Beltway." He said, "No, I mean 3:20 pm on the Beltway." I repeated "4 p.m." and then he got it. We laughed a long time after that!

ANNIVERSARY CARD LAUGH - I was going through a box of old cards that we received (and
gave to each other, and it was filled with several years' worth of cards. Because our 5th Wedding Anniversary is coming up on June 26th, I pulled out the card I gave Tom last year and a bunch of the other anniversary cards I gave him from the previous years.
  I said to him that I couldn't find a card he gave to me from the last several years and he responded "I don't know, what did you do with IT?"  (Meaning ONE).  I shot him a look and we laughed out loud.  - Eventually, I did find one. :)



Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy