Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rob's Supermarket "Shake Your Head" Experience

This weekend I went to the local Safeway supermarket to pick up about 20 items. It was a Saturday morning at 10am and there were just 2 check out lines open (in addition to self-check). You can't buy a gift card in self check out, so I had to wait in line. There were four people ahead of me, one with the clerk, then another with a grocery cart, one solo woman standing in line with a few items, and a woman ahead of me with a loaded cart.
  After about 10 minutes, one person moved up, so the woman who was standing solo was next in line after the person being checked out. That's when the woman's husband wheeled up a grocery cart that was overflowing and he pulled up beside her.
  The woman behind them (and in front of me) looked back at me, rolled her eyes and let out a sigh of disgust. I was a little put off, too.   I can understand bringing your full cart in line while your partner runs off to get a few more things, but not to stand in line with a few things and let your other half spend 30 minutes filling up a grocery cart and suddenly cut the line and make the people behind you wait all the more.
  What do YOU think?

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy