Saturday, May 11, 2013

Our Yoga Try Out was a Gas!

Our friend Amber is not only an astrophysicist for NASA, but she's now also teaching yoga locally, and Tom has always wanted to try it out. So, on Tuesday night, May 7th we attended Amber's local class. Amber is a warm, funny, easy-going person who makes a great instructor. 
We couldn't balance to do this!
   The class lasted for about 1 hour, and Tom and I were bending and stretching things that we didn't know existed for the last 20 years!  It sounded like we were having breakfast with all the "Snap, crackle and pop" going on! 
  About half way through the class I heard someone "poot" near me, and Tom quietly said "Ooops!" I immediately thought it was him and started laughing (quietly) tucking my head down. It took about 5 minutes for me to stop.  Apparently, yoga really does relax, because it helped the "pooter!"
  The class was great, and the relaxation exercises at the end really did bring us a calmness that we usually don't experience during the week. We recommend it and look forward to coming back next week!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy