Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day



Tom sent these to Rob on 2-13-12. Sweet!
Happy Valentine's Day. If you're married or dating you have someone specific that you can celebrate with, but if you're single, divorced or widowed, you may not some ONE person to celebrate the day with, you have many. Valentines Day to me (Rob) has always been about love. Not necessarily being "in love" but loving someone, whether a friend, relative or someone special. Today is a day to let everyone whom you love in some way, know that they're important to you.
  Today I celebrate the day thinking of all of those I love, and especially Tom and our canine kids. In my early 40s I never thought I'd ever find someone that I would enjoy every day with, until I met Tom. We're alike and we're different, and we complement each other very well. We've learned to laugh every day, even for a minute. When either of us gets grumpy, we eventually laugh it off and ask if the grumpy one has "changed clothes out of his grumpy pants."  We know when we need quiet time, and enjoy doing so many things together. Tom is quiet, and I am not. :) Tom is super-neat and organized and I try. I can cook and Tom can attempt it. We balance each other out. Relationships are about finding your strengths and using them to create a balance. It's learning to laugh over things and not let little things get to you- whether it be with a partner or with friends. So,  I say to the love of my life, Tom, how truly thankful I am that we're together.
I wish you a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy