Monday, February 13, 2012

Truthful Answers To the email "12 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT"

Below is the kind of WARPED stuff that SOME Republicans have been emailing to people to get their vote. It's both interesting and SAD to see what garbage people are being fed (and YES, I'm sure there's one of these from the Democratic side of the aisle, too - but I haven't seen it yet).  Regardless,this is WARPED, wrong and rude in so many ways. I've given responses to this stupidity. -
and it should say "vote FOR a Democrat".
Rob
12 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT

When your family or friends cannot explain why they voted Democrat, give them this list.
Then they can then pick a reason from this "TOP 12"

1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene,
but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

RESPONSE/TRUTH: Oil companies make HUGE profits, and Exxon, Shell and others paid ZERO taxes for the last several years because of GOP rules. Further, taxes on gas are necessary to maintain the roads, bridges and highway infrastructure. The GOP thinks we can magically keep up these things.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
RESPONSE/TRUTH:   WRONG.
The government doesn't spend all of everyone's money, but it does spend money on infrastructure, social programs, science and medicine that have provided our country with amazing technology and benefits for everyday life.  The Bush administration put this country in record deficit with an unjust war and Lower taxes on the Rich. YOU and I pay  20% more tax than people making over a million dollars. How stupid is THAT? the wealthy need to pay the same percentage of taxes.


3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
RESPONSE/TRUTH:
Democrats try to ensure the protection of ALL people. Not just fat, white, rich people who want to bash minorities.  Did you know that the Republican party in Tennessee think its acceptable to bully and hate gay people and asked for a "RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION" from the bullying law? The GOP says people of "religion" that don't like gay people can bully gay people into suicide without being prosecuted for the crime. 

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all
I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.



RESPONSE/TRUTH: : - I'm too irresponsible to own a gun?  Wrong.. . Murders happen because irresponsible people own guns and the laws need to be in place to keep them out of the wrong hands. There's nothing wrong with owning a gun if you're mature, decent and don't use it to freely kill others. Many Democrats OWN guns.



5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the
polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.RESPONSE/TRUTH: SO , SO, SO WRONG!!! - The National Weather Service has the most accurate forecast models in the world and continues to enhance them. NASA and NOAA create amazing technology that provides better weather data all the time. The NWS forecasts are some of the best in the world.  -AS FOR CLIMATE CHANGE- It's a reality. We've proven it by looking at ice cores, sea level, carbon dating, and more. Anyone that doesn't believe it is simply a FOOL and uneducated.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as
we keep all death row inmates alive.RESPONSE/TRUTH:
WRONG AGAIN. Democrats DON'T WANT people to have abortions. That's a STUPID Republican ploy. Democrats want abortion to be legal for the health of a mother, in the case of rape or incest. Poor people that can't afford babies but accidentally get pregnant will find a way to abort if they want. This ensures safety and leaves the choice to the WOMAN, not some fat, white, rich, so-called "God lover." - As for death row inmates, I find it ironic that the GOP, who claims to be the "party of life" wants to kill inmates with or without DNA evidence.   

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits,
and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.RESPONSE/TRUTH:
FALSE- Illegal immigrants get NO health care under the President's health plan. Another Republican LIE. They don't have social security numbers either, so that's a LIE. Democrats want to KEEP social security. Republicans have voted to abolish it, calling it a "ponzi scheme."

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to 
break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.RESPONSE/TRUTH:
SIGH- More lies. Of course democrats want businesses to make profits. The President has put in place small business loans, extensive tax breaks and ways to help businesses hire. His bailout of the auto industry is what SAVED the U.S. auto industry, and they've paid 80% of it back.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe
kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.RESPONSE/TRUTH: Democrats stand for the rights of ALL PEOPLE, not just the rich and the majority. If it were not for Bobby Kennedy Blacks and Whites couldn't marry. If it were not for democrats, Blacks, Jews, Irish, Italians, Polish, Asians, etc. would still be discriminated against in ALL ways .  It is proven that the MAJORITY cannot vote on rights for the minority- they never want them to be equal.



 On the other side of the coin, Republicans want to re-write the Constitution to deny gay people of equal rights.



10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.RESPONSE/TRUTH: WRONG- the President has been funding and encouraging alternative sources of Energy, and opened more coastal areas to drilling. The GOP's claim that building the pipeline from Canada as a job creator is about creating TEMPORARY JOBS.. Then they'll go away. No one understands that. Not only that, people like the GOP Speaker of the House, John Boehner, has a financial interest in getting that pipeline built.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world,
I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE."RESPONSE/TRUTH:
WE have Hope and Change. We're finally crawling out of the hole created by President Bush.

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
RESPONSE/TRUTH:

THIS IS RUDE. Republicans USE "God" as a way to manipulate people of faith, who don't know any better about their policies to let wealthy Americans pay less, to give breaks to big business, and destroy or remove social programs that help the poor. Programs like Medicare, Medicaid, The President's Health Plan, and Social Security are all at risk under GOP.  The GOP wants to give seniors $8000 annual health vouchers.
If you have cancer, heart issues, diabetes, $8000 a year doesn't go very far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy