Sunday, December 25, 2011

Rob's Absolute Fav Christmas Song/Video

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's a musical video treat for you.
   In 1987, Dolly Parton had her own short-lived variety show. It was my (Rob) favorite show- I love Dolly Parton (which is why we named our Weimaraner after her). There was one Christmas show that featured Burl Ives (he passed away several years later) and Mac Davis as guests. The opening number was my all-time favorite Christmas song, written by Dolly, and sung by Dolly, Burl and MacDavis with lots of kids, dogs and puppets. I haven't seen this since videotapes went out of style (it was on videotape) and THIS is my all-time favorite. Hope you enjoy it, too.





\


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy