Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Remembering Dad on his Birthday- (It's all good)

Mom and Dad from 2003
Today, November 8th would have been my Dad's birthday. He would have been 83, but he passed three years ago. Although I really miss talking with him on the phone, I still know he's very much around.
  Having the ability to still communicate with him is an incredible blessing. He's helped me find things for my mother (who lives 400 miles away), given me many signs from playing with electricity to a cold hug, and a visible appearance in the light.
  Dad's memory lives on in the book I wrote involving a lot of the signs he's provided, and every time I read a book or write a story or press release for work. Every time I go to the comic book shop and get my new comics (every Wednesday night) I know that Dad is right there with me, as he was when he took me along and bought me comics at 7-11 on weekends.
  Dad touched so many people with his kindness, easy-going attitude, and dry sense of humor. He loved his Red Sox baseball, Patriots football, Celtics basketball, and mystery and action novels. He always provided for my mom, myself and my brothers, and let us enjoy 2 wonderful dogs growing up. He wrapped presents and always left the tags on them, too- and funny enough- last Christmas my mother found a brand new wallet he bought himself, and she gave it to me (from him) with the tag still on it in the "Dad Tradition."
  So today, I say "Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you."
  For those of you who lost your dad or your mom, just know that they're always with us. They've influenced who we are, and we are reminded of them in some of the things we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy