Sunday, October 9, 2011

Traffic Trouble Weekend

Driving past the Bromo Seltzer tower in downtown Baltimore
Dolly & Sprite happily back home waiting to get into the backyard after 3 hrs drive!
We live in an area where there's always a lot going on, and Saturday was no exception. Tom headed to Annapolis to fix a door frame for his folks (and took our dachshund Franklin), while I (Rob) headed to Baltimore to exchange a dog harness for our other dachshund, Sprite and took him and Dolly (the Weimaraner) with me. Tom hit traffic going to the Annapolis boat show and the Renaissance Festival. It took a long, long time to get through it, and even back and forth to a nearby Home Depot. **I needed to go through one of the Baltimore area harbor tunnels to get to the specific dog store, but saw a sign on my way north that said "I-895 closed for accident." SIGH. So, I had to way to the west and go through downtown Baltimore to go back east to the dog store. It took me over 3 hours to do a 90 minute trip.
 - As a result I missed meeting Tom and his parents for lunch. - Tom didn't finish until 4pm and has to go back. The traffic prevented him from having enough time to finish!
 The RULE: Whenever you think it will take an hour, it will take FOUR. That's the basic rule for traffic around here and for home projects!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy