Sunday, October 16, 2011

Support my (Rob's) Brother for "Councilor at Large" !

Rob's brother Doug speaking as City Councilor
   My brother Doug is running for Councilor at Large in my hometown. He's now got two opponents, and he's been a councilor for 10 years!  He also works full time AND teaches at Suffolk University. Doug has always been a rock for me, and cares passionately about our hometown. I've never seen someone work so hard to make the citizens happy. In fact, Tom and I want him to run for Congress. 
    He  served five terms as Quincy’s Ward 5 City Councilor, including one term as City Council President. He also served as Chairman of the City Council’s Downtown and Economic Development Committee helping to steer historic votes that will provide the framework for $1.6 billion in private investment in Quincy Center. He’s also supported changes to strengthen the city’s Responsible Employer Ordinance. He's cleaned the city beaches, and organized cleanups throughout the city, stenciled drains that informed people that waste water goes directly to the beach.
  As an older brother, I've found inspiration, strength and encouragement from Doug throughout my entire life. The one person throughout my entire life that's ALWAYS been there, through everything, is my brother Doug. When my parents questioned my moving to Washington, DC, or going back to school for a meteorology degree, Doug backed me. He was also there when I came out to my parents, and that was really difficult. I couldn't ask for a better brother. He's always been a best friend throughout my entire life-  and he CARES about everyone - no exceptions.
    Below is info about the accomplishments he's made. For more info, or to donate and help his campaign:   http://douggutro.com/

10 Years as a Ward Councilor
  • Protecting neighbourhoods
  • Improving city services
  • Working hard for working families

Experienced, Willing Leader

  • President, Quincy City Council
  • President, Ward 5 Community Association
  • Board of Directors, Massachusetts Municipal Association
  • Chairman, City Council Downtown; Veterans Affairs; and
    Ordinance Committees
  • Chairman, Wollaston Beach Task Force & Vice Chair, Quincy
    Beaches & Costal Commission
  • Founder, Friends of Wollaston Beach & Friends of Butler Pond
Dedicated Public Servant and Educator
  • 22 years of public service in the Federal Government
  • Adjunct Professor, Suffolk University’s Public
  • Management Department

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy