Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trying Accupuncture for Neck Pain

I (Rob) have had problems with my neck for about 2 years. For the last 1 1/2 years I've been seeing a chiropractor who was able to re-instate my range of motion, and I can now turn my head to the left about 90 degrees (just as I've always been able to do on the right side). When I first went to the chiropractor I could only turn it about 20 degrees to the left, so they've really helped.
- Lately, my TMJ has become hyper sensitive (since I had a tooth pulled and had to keep my mouth open for over and hour. The chiropractor hasn't been able to relieve that continual pressure as well as I had hoped, and I still have a very tough muscle knot in my left shoulder that's been there about 1 1/2 years! SO, I finally went to an acupuncturist yesterday.
I didn't know what to expect. What I got was a very calming experience, and instead of putting the tiny needles in my shoulder or neck, she put them in my lower legs. Almost immediately the dull ache of my jaw's TMJ symptoms lessened. Today, they're still not as pronounced as they were before my appointment. Also, my left shoulder doesn't seem to be pulling as tightly. I also have occasional tingling in the back of my neck on the right side. They're all inter-connected as I suspected, and the treatment can help. Finally, after 2 years of this stuff, I went to the right place (I believe). I go back in a week and am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy