Thursday, July 23, 2009

Virtually Painless Root Canals

They're a rarity - Virtually painless root canals. However, not with my dentist! Dr. Cheryl Hunn in Greenbelt, Md. is the GREATEST dentist.
Before I found her, I was afraid to go to the dentist. I've been going to her for years, and when I go in- we share laughs and stories during my appointments.
As I mentioned yesterday, I had severe headaches from a small front tooth. The tooth had old amalgam fillings in it, and as they age, the shift and the tooth appears to have fractured. So, the answer was what I expected- A Root Canal. Before Dr. Hunn, those words would send me in a panic.
The only pain I experience is the gentle jab of the needle with novaciane. She makes sure that you're "comfortably numb" and proceeds. In fact, some of the novacaine was cherry flavored which made it even better! :)
Because she has the high-tech tooth imaging (no more x-ray films), she can immediately see the insides of teeth. She also double-checks to make sure she got the entire root out. Yes, if you're squeamish this is something you don't want to think about - but when I felt a twinge while she was working to get the root out, she put in more novacaine on the root directly then took it out no problem. She also asked that I call at the end of the day and tell her how I'm doing. WOW.
I told the receptionist that Dr. Cheryl needs a superhero outfit. She's certainly a hero in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy