Monday, July 20, 2009

FINALLY - A COMPANY THAT "GETS IT"

We wouldn't want regular readers of the blog to think that we are ALWAYS critical of everything and that we are ALWAYS being wronged by someone or some business somewhere. I'd like to put that opinion to rest right here and now.
Recently I purchased a pair of Adirondack chairs for the backyard. An online search produced a company called Adirondackchairs.com. I placed the order, paid by credit card, and within a few short days two large boxes arrived on our front porch.
I hastily opened the boxes and followed the easy-to-follow assembly instructions - no words, just pictures. Each chair took approximately 45 minutes to assemble with some simple tools - a screw driver and crescent wrench.
We enjoyed the chairs for about two weekends when one afternoon, while moving the chairs back to where I like them (the lawn mowing crew had moved them to mow the grass), I happened to notice that the arm of one of the chairs had developed a crack right along the grain in the wood which will only be perpetuated with exposure to the weather.
The next day I sent an email to the customer service department. I explained the problem and I emphasized that we loved the chairs and don't want to return them. I just wanted to order a replacement part for the arm that was splitting. Within a day, I received a response. Without hesitation and without dickering around and giving me a hard time, the company refunded the purchase price for the one chair in addition to sending a sincere apology for the inconvenience. I sat in front of my computer screen with my mouth wide open.
America doesn't produce a thing - it manufactures nothing, so customer service is the last source of employment that America has and it stinks at it. I mean, really stinks at it. So imagine my surprise to find a company that finally "gets it."
So, if you're in the market for an Adirondack chair - check out this company. Of course it sells a wide variety of other back yard furniture and supplies and I will definitely shop with them again. Visit them at http:\\www.Adirondackchairs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy