Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kohl's Cares for Customers, too!

One of our favorite blogs is "Consumer Wingman" and the blogger has the BEST consumer news there. She recently cited our story of great customer service at Adirondackchairs.com, and reminded me of another great experience.
Here it is: Tom and I had a great customer service experience recently at the Kohl's store in Glen Burnie, Md. (Quarterfield Road). We drove up there in search of a stuffed duck toy that they sold as part of their "Kohls Cares for Kids" promotion in June. Our dog, a weimaraner, loved the duck, and it's wearing out (Weims have an inbred hunting/retrieving instinct). The toy was $5 and dog-safe (no sand or foam inside). I asked a young lady working there about the stuffed duck toy, and she remembered them and said the promotion ended July 1. But, she took me to the toy dept. where any extras are placed (there were none there either). She checked the back stock room, she walked me to the front of the store from the back and checked 3 other locations. We didn't find one - they were truly sold out, and even SHE was disappointed we couldn't find one for our dog. I would drive out of my way to go back to that Kohl's store again. THAT is great customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy