Thursday, July 30, 2009

A 36 Hour Flu hits the house

Tom came home Tuesday night not feeling well. In fact, he had a fever of 100.9F, headaches, bodyaches and after picking at dinner he went to bed at 6:30pm. He awoke at 8:30pm for five minutes and went back to sleep through the night. Yesterday, Wednesday, we awoke at 4:30am as usual and his fever was still burning at 100F, still with the headaches and bodyaches, so he smartly stayed home. He took ibuprofen and rested all day. When I came home, I made dinner and rubbed him down with rubbing alcohol which cooled him down. I gave him something to sleep and he slept through the night, waking up today feeling well with no fever and an appetite again, so he went to work. That was 36 tough hours - not sure what it was, just glad he's well (and hoping I don't get it now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy