Saturday, April 26, 2008

SOLD!!!


The townhouse is finally sold. Of course, it was an adventure. It was slated for 8am, and I got a call the night before at 8pm from my realtor saying the bank paperwork had one of the buyer's social security numbers wrong, so it's going to happen in the afternoon. That was fine. I went to work and took the afternoon off from 1pm. I picked up the dogs from daycare, dropped them off at the house and my realtor called again at 2:30pm saying it would now be 5:15pm or later - and to wait. So I mowed the lawn. The realtor called at 5pm and said "come now." Tom was home by then so we did.

The title company person said the buyers were difficult, and my realtor said the same thing. The people and their realtor were horrible. My realtor also said he went by the house at 4:45pm (before I signed over the house) and the buyer's mother and another person were inside the house (which they didn't yet own at the time - so the buyer's realtor broke the rules). Of course, I didn't care. We left at 6:30pm with the check and no more 2nd mortgage. Thank GOD it's over.

For buyers or sellers, I highly recommend my realtor, Jeff Stanyard of Remax in Columbia, Md. He's a saint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy