Sunday, April 13, 2008

Home Inspection Follow-up Part 2...

This Saturday, Tom and I, and Tom's stepdad (who is a retired licensed plumber) worked on the "list" of things that this "home inspector" noted as "must dos" to sell my townhouse. After a frustrating 2 hours of driving from plumbing supply places to Home Depot and finally to Lowes, we found the part for the shower handle that was a "little loose" and Tom's stepdad replaced it. He confirmed that the sump pump was in fact, Working properly, just like the HVAC system that was also on this goofball "Home inpector's list."
Further, I crawled in the attic (it was about 100F in there) and cleaned pieces of the old roof (it was replaced in 1999 and the roofers tossed debris in the never used, tiny attic - and it didn't bother me, so I left it there). Well, the Home inspector demanded the scattered debris (3 bags full) be removed -so I did. I had to wear a mask from the dirt and fiberglass insulation.
The other "adventure" was crawling on my stomach close to where the pitched roof triangles to the ceiling and I had to pull insulation away from the soffits / corner. The fiberglass insulation stuck everywhere in me, but I did it. I also confirmed that there was in fact, NO mold on the attic ceiling, another thing this boneheaded "Home Inspector" said was there. Despite that there was no mold, I still coated the wood with mold killer.
Bottom line, there were three big things that this "home inspector" targeted as "needing fixes" that were not real. How frustrating is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy